Saturday, May 24, 2008

On-the-run



I miss playing tennis. I miss having my shirt being drench with sweat, wind blasting against my face, all eyes on the green ball, winding up for a winner down the line with a big forehand, on the run, stepping up and crushing the ball with an incredible force that is unforgiving.

Call me a tennis freak but I find tennis exhilarating yet soothing. The sound of feet pounding the court, the sound of tennis balls being strike perfectly, balls being rallied, taps and rapped. What a beautiful way to spend an evening.


Sigh, how I wished that I could built my home on a tennis court.


Tennis Tip of the Day: The best way to practice your big forehand is to stand in the center of the court and have a practice partner feed a series of soft floating balls to your backhand side. Move into position and rip the ball inside-out or down the line. - J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, just read this post. I miss tennis too. Though I wasn't too sure how I lost contact with the sport. Anyway, just for being Czech-y, Roger Federer LOST TO Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic) early last month in the quarterfinal of the ROME MS. hehehe.